Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why has food become the enemy

Last March I decided to put up the white flag and make peace with food. I'm not surrendering I'm just making peace. Since then things have really changed I fell peace when I sit down to eat. I decided to just let the chips lie where they may. That's why I was so surprised when I started losing weight.

I really don't feel like there is any true evil food......well maybe 100yr old eggs? I admit there are foods that don't belong in the "good food" category. Like deep fried Twinkies, but as long as your not eating them everyday they really won't kill you. What happened to the idea of a treat being once in a while and really enjoying it.

I'm sick of food being grouped into two categories, "good food" and "bad food". Then to top it off the groups keep changing. What was a "good food" one week is a "bad food" the next.
I use-to feel guilty about liking cheese cake, steak, chocolate, cake and homemade cookies.

Here is my treaty with food

NOW I PROUDLY STAND UP AND SAY. "I LOVE FOOD!", and I will not let food rule my life.

  1. I will no longer feel guilt when I order a big fat juicy steak, but will take half of it and put it in a to-go box for my lunch the next day.
  2. I will order cheese cake when I go out, but I will share it with my husband.
  3. I will eat the same thing my family eats, but I will stop when I'm full and give what's left to my dogs.
  4. I will be more concerned with the over all nutrition of food not it's fat content or cab count.
  5. I will no longer put food in the good or bad check list.


No comments: