Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Unique Easter Baskets that are eco friendly

My older girls came up with this idea.


Real hay in the basket!! At first I thought YUCK, but then I looked at them thee sooo CUTE!!!!

We had to change things up a bit. Like we didn't put loose jellybeans in the bottom like we normally do. Truthfully I never really liked that any way. The jellybeans always ended up gross and stuck to the bottom of the basket.





It didn't make any less mess but it is 100% environmentally friendly. When Easter was over we just throw the hay out for our goats


I never buy Easter baskets I can't stand buying something that will end up thrown away, so we used mixing bowls. I can use them later.











I still can't believe they ended up so cute.

2 comments:

terriskitchen said...

I hate buying cheap baskets I don't need for a year either, but I'm even too cheap for bowls. I use a huge basket and put five kids things in it and around it. If I need something separated I put them into paper lunch bags with names on them. Paper grass is used too. I don't even know I will always do that. I think I've used tissue paper in the bottom instead or even fun looking dish clothes/towels in the bottom. Not much traditional candy hear. My kids love chocolate, so maybe chocolate eggs. Otherwise, they get doughnuts which is a rare treat, capri sun or other 100% juice boxes, and other things they like, oranges, apples or bananas and other stuff they love.

We do hard cooked eggs together. I hate dying them so we usually just draw on them with markers.

Unknown said...

That's great. Our Easter bunny comes the day after the "traditional" Easter Bunny.

I started it one year while I was shopping the 1/2 off sale the day after Easter. I had an epiphany Every year I buy stuff thinking that I'll use it next year then lose the bag and spend hours looking for it. Why don't we just have the Easter bunny come the day after.

It has made Easter a really nice spiritual and family holiday. We dye eggs Easter afternoon and have a traditional Easter family meal.

Early the day after my hubby and I hit the stores and the Easter bunny comes while we all go for a walk. Our bunny is so sneaky.